10 May 2014

E.l.f Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick in French Lace and Little Miss Thing




Top - French Lace, Bottom - Little Miss Thing

These two little sticks of eyeshadow are from my most recent E.l.f haul and now I've had chance to have a play around with everything there are a few reviews blog bound!

French lace is my favourite out of the two, it's such a gorgeous champagne colour that looks really pretty and subtle which is what I like on my eyes, nothing crazy goes on my lids! Little Miss Thing is another lovely colour but more of a golden bronze, they're both a metallic finish and have a bit of a shimmer to them but no pieces of glitter. I really like the packaging, it's so easy to use and they just screw up from the bottom once you've worn them down and you can't get more simple or mess free than that! I'm sad to say that the praise ends here, I might be absolutely in love with both of these shades but they don't last long enough for me to actually appreciate them, I can't express how shocking the lasting time of these are before they start to crease, I've tried a primer, I've tried using a base, I've tried using these as a base with a powder eyeshadow on top but to no avail - after an hour or so the crease was always there and if there's one thing I can't cope with it's creasey eyeshadow. It's such a shame because E.l.f have the colour range and packaging so right it's just the formula that lets it down and I feel bad for complaining because these are only just under three quid each but I still expected more than an hours wear but if these are ever reformulated then I'll be first in the queue to get my hands on them again!

Follow me on Twitter | Bloglovin' | Like me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment