2 January 2014

The Best of 2013 | Skin Care


For the first week of 2014 I'm going to be taking a look back on my beauty year past and showing you what I thought was the best of the rest! 2013 was the first year that I really got into looking after my skin, before that I was a makeup wipe and moisturize if I can be bothered type of girl but I've really made an effort to get into a bit of a skincare routine recently. I'd be lying if I said that I hadn't chosen a few more minutes in bed over washing my face or I hadn't fallen asleep with my false eyelashes on at least once in 2013 but pushing aside all of those cardinal sins I've seen a real difference in the quality of my skin and for the better, I can count the amount of breakouts I've had this year on my fingers, my usual winter dryness hasn't made me a flaky mess and the thing I'm most pleased about is how much my skin tone has evened out. 

I can't believe that I've only been using Cleanse and Polish for a year now, it was my favourite skin care discovery of 2013 and I admit that I was late to party but better late than never, right?! I really think that it's down to good old Liz that my skin has cleared up so significantly this year and my skin tone has evened out enough for me to embrace tinted moisturizer. 

It's safe to say that Bioderma took the blogging and beauty world by storm last year - the holy grain miceller water that sparked quite a few high street versions. This is definitely what you need on hand to get rid of stubborn make up, it's gentle around the eyes and even removes mascara painlessly. Bad habits die hard and I'm still an avid make up wipe user but I use Bioderma around my eyes and to get rid of the grime that wipes miss. It's easy and effective and that's all I ask for in make up removal!

Skip your morning coffee and have an extra five minutes in bed because Ginzing will wake you up! I use this every morning before I put my make up on and even if I feel like a zombie I look refreshed and glowing, I absolutely love this stuff and can't see me ditching it in 2014.

This is a genius invention, how had nobody thought of this before?! It's a lazy girls dream of a moisturizer! I'm not ashamed to admit that moisturizing is a chore to me, especially when it's bloody freezing - I've just got out of a lovely warm shower and it's cold, I don't want to prolong the torture by not putting my clothes (or if it's a weekend who am I kidding - onesie) on immediately. This has literally answered my prayers, it's quick and easy, makes you soft and smells beautiful!

Those are the products that my skin has to thank - may our relationships stay as strong in 2014! 

Follow me on Twitter | Bloglovin' | Like me on Facebook

6 comments:

  1. Cool post! That Origins Ginzing Moisturizer looks fab. I have treated myself to a couple of origins products recently and can’t wait to use them! :-) xx

    Helen @
    http://helensfashionblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely my first stop for skincare! xx

      Delete
  2. i really want to try the origins moisturizer and the bioderma, cant believe i haven't already!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2014 is the year for you to change that my lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. I've been so tempted to get the Liz Earle Cleanser and the Bioderma Solution:)
    Love this post! x

    beautyfashionlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete