30 September 2013

Monthly Favourites | September 2013


I know, I know, I sound like a broken record every time that these posts come around but I'm going to go ahead and say it anyway - Where the bloody hell has this year gone?! I actually sat and seriously started making lists for Christmas this weekend, I blame Boots because they've got their Christmas shop up so it got me all festive! I've had a little jaunt to London this month where my bank balance took a serious battering but on the plus side I've found a lot of new favourites!

I cannot get enough of Victoria's Secret Coconut Passion Body Mist, It's been on my wish list for too long and now I've got my grubby little mitts on it as well as a back up, the body lotion and hand cream - you could say I'm a little bit obsessed. It's the most gorgeous mix of coconut and vanilla which are my two favourite smells and makes up the kind of sickly sweet scent that I just want to drench myself in! MAC Bare Study (review here) is the perfect eye shadow base, it gives a clear canvas to work on and intensifies the colour of whatever you layer on top or it's just as beautiful on it's own for a clean look. You could also kill two birds with one stone and use it as a highlighter, I just love this little multitasking bad boy! A couple of weeks ago I was in Tesco on a mission to find something that would get rid of some stubborn tan that wouldn't budge and already armed with an exfoliation mitt I came across the little Treacle Moon stand and everything was 2 for £4, how could I walk away from that?! I picked up this Coconut Body Scrub and a matching Shower Gel, they smell amazing (I see a bit of a coconut smelling pattern here!) the packaging is super cute and after a scrubbing sesh with this I'm left silky soft as well as smelling beeeeautiful! I have never known a cream blusher to apply as flawlessly as the Bourjois Little Round Pot in Nude Velvet does. If I'm in a rush (Cough..got up late) or I'm going for the natural look this is my go to blusher, it's absolutely fail proof and looks perfect every time, god knows why I waited so long to join the little round pot party. My usual day time lip is a low maintenance colour, usually more subdued and nude than bright so I really don't know why me and Creme Cup (review here) weren't acquainted sooner. It's such an easy to wear dusky pink with a glossy cremesheen finish, the lasting time isn't great but because it's so effortless to apply that's not really an issue. Topshow Glow in Polish (review here) is my holy grail highlighter right now, it's cream based and applies like a dream giving a really nice dewy finish, all you need is this little pot and a finger to apply it with for a perfectly highlighted face!

Lets say goodbye to the holiday season and get ready for thick jumpers, vampy nail colours and plum lips - Hello Autumn!

Follow me on Twitter | Bloglovin' | Like me on Facebook

10 comments:

  1. In need to get to a VS soon! I've heard so much about the sprays :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice products!
    Love your blog<3
    http://aimerose.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Topshop highlight looks amazing! Now I want to try out Topshop products more than ever! x

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so reasonably priced and so amazing xx

      Delete
  4. My friend had the coconut VS mist and I really love the smell of it. Have you tried pure seduction? That's my favourite one!
    -Kookii
    The Beauty Diary♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that one but I will definitely try and give it a sniff! xx

      Delete