11 June 2013

MAC Flamingo Lipstick

 
 
(This is a very heavy swatch!)
MAC, Flamingo £14.00

I hope that you like a MAC lipstick ladies as I've got quite a back log to feature, I apologise in advance to all of you none lippy lovers (do these people even exist?!) I bang on about my love for peach and coral lips enough so when I heard about the MAC all about orange collection I couldn't be more excited for a launch, I will even admit to being sad enough to refresh the page every 15 minutes or so in anticipation! I picked up this shade Flamingo and Sushi Kiss although I am so tempted to make another purchase of Sweet and Sour. 

Flamingo is described as a 'light milky bright coral' which is a pretty good description although I would say that it sways more towards a pink coral than an orange one. It's a lustre formula which I've never tried before so didn't quite know what to expect. The formula is a lot more sheer than I thought it would be and If I'm 100% honest with you I was slightly disappointed with the strength of the colour, I did think it would be just a little bit more pigmented. If you're scared of a bright lip then this would be perfect for you because it's a lovely subtle coral and reminds me of a toned down Betty Bright. The colour takes a bit of building up but leaves a nice glossy finish and the wear time is quite good for such a moisturising formula. Unfortunately if you want to get your hands on Flamingo it's sold out on the MAC website as well as all the department store websites but maybe if you hot trot it to a MAC counter you can still come home with one. If you're after an easy to wear coral that isn't too bright and bold but still looks gorgeous then this is your shade!

Follow me on Twitter | Bloglovin' | Like me on Facebook

16 comments:

  1. This collection sounds fab! x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done enough bank account damage with the lipsticks and now I'm going back for the blushers, oops! xx

      Delete
  2. I also agree, that this looks amazing, will have to have a look at them! http://thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you catch them before they all sell out Lauren! xx

      Delete
  3. This looks really different swatched than it does on the lips! Still a really pretty colour, will go and check this range as well!
    withasideofbeauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very heavy swatch as it's so sheer and didn't picture very well :( xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is so gorgeous but subtle at the same time xx

      Delete
  5. I'm not really a fan of lipsticks (yes, we exist) but you're almost convincing me to go in and see this color in person as I'm a fan of all things coral! xx (btw, LOVE the blog name!)

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWIEE! That colour is absolutely stunning! I need to get my mits on it ASAP. I think its the perfect median between pink and coral. Great post!

    Rosie xo

    rosiemickhaiel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it?! Perfect way to describe it, I hope you managed to get one! xx

      Delete
  7. This colour is gorgeous, lovely for summer! I'm saving up the pennies to get a MAC lippy, there are so many different shades I've got no idea which one I want though. They always seem to be sold out too!

    Heather xx

    heatheresweet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, it's so hard to decide on a shade when you have no idea what you're looking for! I always have a google of Blog MAC lipstick collections and it usually triples my wish list, good luck on finding a shade, can't wait to see a review! xx

      Delete